Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights
Attorney Blumenthal has three decades of experience in representing secured lenders, equipment lessors, commercial landlords, trade creditors, Chapter 7 Trustees, and formal creditors’ committees in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases. He has represented numerous companies, committees, and others in complex restructurings, out-of-court workouts, and Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 cases. Attorney Blumenthal has prosecuted and defended a wide variety of claim actions, preference actions, fraudulent conveyance claims, challenges to acquisitions, and other litigation arising in the bankruptcy context.
Workouts often present an opportunity to minimize legal costs while maximizing recoveries through the restructuring of debt outside of court supervision. Attorney Blumenthal has substantial experience in representing real estate and commercial lenders on workouts for troubled loans, including:
• Negotiating loan modification and extension agreements, forbearance agreements, and deed in lieu of foreclosure agreements.
• Assisting commercial lenders in preparing properties for sale (post-foreclosure).
Replevin, Receiverships and Foreclosures
Attorney Blumenthal represents secured lenders, lessors, and financial institutions in the recovery of real and personal property in state court venues. Matters that Attorney Blumenthal regularly handles include:
• Protecting creditors’ rights in complex Chapter 11 cases, including debtor-in-possession financing, litigating adequate protection and cash collateral motions, and negotiating the restructuring of debt.
• Litigating the recovery of rents and assumption or rejection of leases and recovery of leased or financed property.
• Defending creditors in preference and fraudulent transfer actions.
• Assisting in the purchase and/or sale of assets from bankruptcy debtors and trustees.
State Court Receiverships
Attorney Blumenthal is on the approved list of Masters and Receivers for Suffolk, Middlesex, Essex and Norfolk counties.
Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors
Attorney Blumenthal has been selected and has served as an assignee for the benefit of creditors